Nothing is worse than spending your hard earned money and losing your lashes prematurely. Lashes should normally last 2-4 weeks in-between regular fills, depending on your natural lash growth cycle.
Here are some of the most common mistakes eyelash extension wearers can make to lose their lash extensions prematurely:
1) Touching Lashes Often: Your fingers are naturally early (just look at your iphone screen!). This oil will break down the adhesive and your extensions will shed. Also the friction of rubbing is more than most lashes can handle.
2) Allergy Season: We all hate that time of year. Itchy and watery eyes make wearing lash extensions extremely difficult. Teary eyes can interfere with the adhesive curing and bonding properly to your lashes, so we recommend taking allergy medication before you come in so that you are not so teary! Itching will be a big problem, so try to itch around your eyes instead of your actual lashes.
3) Damaged or Fine Lashes: With less surface area to bond, the lash extension has a difficult time staying on. Our best advice is to come every two weeks for fills, and start using our Lash Growth Serum. Our clients experience naturally thicker lashes and continue to use it while wearing their extensions. As your lashes thicken up, you will notice they stay on longer and you will have fuller fills.
4) Exercising and/or High Omega 3 Diet: Sometimes lashes are producing so much natural oil that the adhesive has a hard time bonding to the natural lash. One option is to lash shampoo more frequently to remove the excess oils. Makeup removers will not necessarily do the trick.
5) Hormones: Some medications or untreated medical conditions will cause lashes to fall out regardless of whether or not you are wearing lashes. Ask your doctor for more information. We know that pregnancy, menopause, low thyroid, low iron and low B12 are some common culprits.